Pitta represents the strength (symbol: Tiger). It is the principle of heat, energy, temperature and all chemical processes, responsible for the digestion, body temperature, metabolism, skin color, intelligence and courage. People with a strong Pitta have a moderate build, a radiant complexion, are self conscious, dynamic, focused and determined and have a tendency to perfectionism.
Some characteristics of Pitta in the balanced state:
- Systematic and organized way of working
- Clarity in action
- Intolerance to heat
- Strong appetite and digestion
- Good speakers, enterprising and courageous
- Tendency to impatience and anger
- Anger and frustration as response to stress
Cause of typical Pitta disorders:
- Excess demands on themselves and others
- Constant time pressure
- Loss of balance between activity and rest
- Impatience and anger
- Poor hygiene of food or drink
- Exposure to strong radiation of the sun
- Hot weather
- Regular consumption of Pitta-enhancing foods such as citric fruits, sour fruits, redisch, tomatoes, rabarb, garlic, chilli, vinegar, millet, corn and proteins like meat, too much intake of curd and cheese.
Typical symptoms due to increased Pitta include irritability, restlessness, excessive acidity, catabolism, fever, deranged liver function and inflammations.
In case of Pitta disturbance and Pitta aggravating food we suggest you to add Pitta Spice Harmony Blend to your food.