Kapha represents matter (symbol: elephant). It maintains the substance, the weight and cohesion in the body and is responsible for the balance of body fluids, for emotions as love, peace and forgiveness. People with a strong Kapha have a solid and heavy body, are balanced within and love peace and comfort. They are very resistant, friendly, helpful, reliable, consistent and thorough.
Some properties of Kapha in the balanced state:
- Strength and stamina
- Slow but methodical in activity
- Smooth and oily skin
- Low appetite, slow digestion
- Deep and long sleep
- Difficult to get out of their mental balance
Typical causes of Kapha disorders:
- Excessive consumption of sweets, yoghurt and cheese
- Feeling of insecurity or of being unwanted
- Weight gain and depression
- Unfulfilled desires for possessions
- Too much sleep
- Cold weather with snow
- Regular consumption Kapha-aggrevating foods such as sweet melon, sweet grapes, banana, dates, sweet potato, rice, wheat, fatty meat, fatty soft cheese, too much of milk, butter and cream.
Typical symptoms with increased Kapha or Kapha aggravating food are weight gain, indigestion, lethargy, obstructions and mucus, bronchial asthma and diabetes mellitus.
In case of Kapha disturbance we suggest you to add Kapha Spice Harmony Blend to your food.